Sunday, May 13, 2012

Network Youtube Channels Together For More Views?

I wrote in a previous blog that I've noticed the larger Youtube Partners cross-promote one another using their favorites, likes and plugging one another in their Facebook fan pages. 

I've decided to try taking the idea of cross-promotion one step further and create playlists filled with videos from the featured contributors to my roleplaying videogame community website. The idea is to make it easier for people visiting one channel to discover videos made by the other contributors, with the hope this will lead to more views for everyone as the awareness of our content increases.


Will it work? I don't know, but it is certainly worth a try. I've started testing the waters out by making a playlist for my pal 8-Bit Eric. I intend to make playlists for the other featured contributors later tonight.

Edit: Got several more playlists done, you can see them on my channel. I've also had the other contributors do this as well. We'll see if this helps our subs and view counts out; Analytics will at least tell us if traffic is coming from playlists.



No comments:

Post a Comment