Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Using Fiverr for SEO and promoting Youtube channels

A few days ago I wrote an article discussing my $10 experiment with Fiverr and how the results were rather unsatisfactory. However I decided to try a few other gigs to see if I could obtain better outcomes. This time around things were much more positive.

I searched the site for the keyword "RPG" and discovered a gig where someone with a popular Facebook Fan Page about roleplaying videogames was offering to plug websites related to games on the page. So I seized the opportunity to get my RPG Fanatic.net Community Gaming website plugged.



The result? I'm happy to say that my website gained a spike in traffic! We also got about ten more users to sign up and make new accounts. That may not seem significant but these users quickly started adding new content to the website. My $5 was a worthwhile investment and I intend to keep purchasing this gig every few weeks to keep sending traffic to my site.

I also looked into seeing if there was any decent SEO gigs being offered, and stumbled on someone with a PageRank 7 blog. For a mere $5 he would make a promotional article on his blog with a keyword rich backlink, sending some vital link juice back to your website.


Once again, this is $5 well spent (If you don't understand why, then please check out this article that explains how Google Search works).

In this case I'm going after the keyword "gamer community", which receives 6,600 global searches per month and is considered low competition by the AdWords keyword tool. This phrase is one of the primary search terms I've been focusing on in my SEO strategy for the site. I feel I can get the webpage to the front page result without much difficulty, since few competitors are using it in their marketing strategies.

Now there are many gigs on Fiveer offering SEO, but the majority use bots to spam links all over Chinese and Korean wikis, as well as the comment section of various Chinese .gov sites. The effectiveness of this strategy is pretty low in my opinion given that the Google Penguin update slams these "poor quality" sites pretty hard. However I have tested it out with a few articles on some blogs I don't care too much about, just to see if the links will impact the rankings at all or even appear on Alexa (because it takes a few months for Alexa to update I'll have to revise this article in the future on how that went).

There are also people on fiverr who do the mass spam bot SEO stuff. For example one of the services I did, the bot created a blog profile at Tested.com and inserted gibberish about my Atlantica Online wiki article, which will likely be deleted by a mod later. At the very least I was able to get a list of good places to make accounts at for my manual backlinking, so I guess it wasn't a total waste of $5.


My advice for those interested in using Fiverr gigs to search engine optimize and build their site rank up is to focus on posting one link at a time on high PR blog sites, rather than turn to the mass spam indexers. It'll take a lot of articles but if you target low competition keywords you will undoubtedly make a lot of impact, especially if there isn't much competition to begin with.


No comments:

Post a Comment