Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Reddit mods hate self-promoters


This is the kind of thing that led me to creating this blog in the first place.

This isn't the first time I've had a Reddit community mod message me about why they deleted my content and it is always because "self-promotion" isn't allowed. It's just a repeat of the nonsense I've had at other so-called "community sites" where moderators with nothing better to do with their lives need to lord their power over others.

The funny thing is that the only way he knows it is my content is because my username on reddit is 'therpgfanatic'. I could call myself anything else and we wouldn't be having an issue, but because I chose to be honest about who I am on reditt I am being punished.

But it'd be perfectly okay to plug my content on reddit if I was paying for an ad, right?

Or what about all those ad agencies who constantly plug content on reddit and have their employees post back and forth positive things about the link?

This kind of nonsense is one of the biggest reasons why I designed my video game community website as a place where users are rewarded for posting content rather than punished. Nobody will ever get this kind of message from me for doing my site a favor by posting high-quality content for our users to enjoy.

The solution to this problem is pretty simple; I'm going to make a new reddit account that doesn't make it so obvious who I am. Additionally I will show these PMs I've received to my friends who post on reddit and use it to encourage them to post content on my behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment