Friday, June 8, 2012

Off-line Promotion Ideas For Youtube Partner Channels

The majority of my marketing efforts have focused on attracting traffic from people who are somewhere on the internet. I'll admit I've had a lot of tunnel vision in this area, and it's something I'm trying to change. It's very easy to forget that even though a Youtube channel is on the internet your traffic doesn't necessarily need to come from people using the internet; they just need access to it.

Recently I've gotten back into the coin-op vending market. When I first got out of the Army I bought and re-sold arcade machine cabinets, but I got out of the business because I moved around the country too much. Because I now own a house and have ample storage space for spare units, this time around I'm buying up machines to place at key locations. I've started out with a crane machine and two candy machines.

I've gotten into this business not just to make additional passive income, but also as part of a larger scheme to market my RPG Fanatic Videogame Reviews Youtube channel.

I'll use my crane machine as an example of what I'm talking about,


On the side of my crane machine is a flyer advertising my RPG Fanatics video game wiki and gamer community website. There is also a QR code on the flyer that will take someone scanning with their cellphone directly to my Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) Video Review on Youtube, which I consider to be one of my best videos.


Many people forget that vending machines like this can also be prime advertising space, because to operate them correctly you need to place them in high traffic areas like shopping malls or stores that receive a lot of walk-ins or regular customers. My crane machine is currently sitting inside a San Antonio, Texas anime store called Ooples Apparel. This store is a great location because many of the customers also play videogames.

In fact....


....I arranged a deal with the owner of Ooples to rent out a significant portion of my personal videogame collection (over 200 games) to his customers. For 50c a day they can borrow one of my games, for a wide range of consoles. I even brought in some of my spare consoles so they can play the games inside the store at a rate of $1 per hour.

And posted above the games available for rent is another one of my flyers.



These are just some of the wild ideas I have came up with for promoting my Youtube Partner channel off-line. The other ideas I'm not in a financial position to attempt just yet, but I would like to try making a print version of my channel, using the scripts I wrote for my game reviews and essays as featured articles in the magazine, with a QR code that links a reader to the video version of that article. That may be the next off-line promotion idea I try out.



In the meantime I plan to purchase more vending units (I currently have one crane machine and two candy machines) and create a sticker for all my game cases that has a QR code going to one of my Youtube videos. That way when people take the games home they are further tempted to check out one of my videos-- and so is any friend or family member who they play the game with.

Do you have any off-line promotion ideas you've tried, shared or heard about? Please let me know about them in the comment section, I've loved to hear them!



No comments:

Post a Comment